;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: Cheap Jerseys Wholesale r243ddtt [打印本頁]

作者: rftctfw98    時間: 2018-8-30 15:42     標題: Cheap Jerseys Wholesale r243ddtt

By Rehana Ashley AhamadWhen most of us think of Christmas, we think of not just a day, but of an entire season, including the beginning of the New Year. We think of all the cleaning, shopping, cooking, partying, holidaying, and having fun in general. But for those volunteering at the Salvation Army, Christmas takes on a whole different meaning; the right meaning.Major Cathrine Brown at her City Mall post.Many of us cannot even imagine spending a Christmas Day without a scrumptious meal, new clothes and in some cases, expensive gifts. However, the volunteers of the Salvation Army understand that there are people in Guyana and across the world who remain hungry throughout this joyous season, hoping to have someone fill that growling sound in their stomachs and those of their young and innocent children.But do we ever spare a thought about the less fortunate and how they cope throughout the season? Many of us might be too caught up in our own lives to do so, but surely not the volunteers at the Salvation Army.They give up their plans for Christmas Day, and put in a whole lot of work just to provide for those who have very little, or none at all to look forward to during this period.Year after year, when thousands flock the streets of Georgetown to buy goodies and gifts, these volunteers take up positions at various parts of the city trying to raise enough money to fulfill their mandate of caring for the less fortunate.They stand for hours beside their kettles ringing those little bells, trying to convince members of the public that dropping a few dollars in the pot will go a long way toward putting smiles on the faces of many who may have lost their reason to smile.Kaieteur News over the past week spoke with a few volunteers situated along the streets of Georgetown, particularly Regent and Robb Streets.Major Cathrine Brown has been volunteering for many years. She says that while there are a million other things that she can be doing besides standing on the street and asking for donations, doing this shows that she cares for the less fortunate people of the world.“You see, we at the Salvation Army believe very much in our theme – ‘Sharing is Caring’,” Brown said.She explained that while anybody can claim to care for someone, action speaks louder than words, and improving the lives of others guarantees care.Marion James is a proud volunteer of the Salvation Army.“Any of us can say that we care for somebody, but by sharing and doing for them guarantees that we do,” Major Brown said.“It is okay to know that somebody is hungry, but just knowing is not caring. You can know, but you have to really care to actually do something about it, and we at the Salvation Army care very much about those who do not have the luxuries of eating properly.Asked about what motivates her, Major Brown said that “nothing can compare to the feeling that you get after helping somebody and knowing that you have made a difference in the world. I don’t think it can be explained, honestly, but it is worth it,” she added.Meanwhile, Marion James, another Salvation Army volunteer said that her main motivation lies with thinking about the fact that there are actually people in the world who remain hungry on Christmas Day.“I don’t think many of us could comprehend how hurtful that is; at least I can’t… and I know that from the bottom of my heart, I don’t want to. If I personally don’t want to, it is only fair that I try to ensure that nobody else has to,” James said.According to head of the local leg of the Salvation Army, Major Emmerson Cumberbatch, the body has been functioning in Guyana for approximately 108 years, and has been doing well.He stated that leading up to Christmas Day, the volunteers spend hours gathering materials and funds. On the much anticipated day, Salvation Army volunteers get started with a pleasant Church service, after which they head out to the various locations, spreading cheer.He said that while the monetary support is satisfactory, there is a significant shortage in the amount of persons volunteering.Major Cumberbatch noted that currently there are just about 25 volunteers in Georgetown who stand at their posts from 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs each day.He is urging persons to volunteer and help to put a smile on someone’s face.“It is worth it,Stitched Jerseys, trust us,” he emphasized.

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://b9e.netwww.meimei888.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0